I am recommending this book to be your next MUST read.
For the last 5 weeks of school, I decided, as I am the head of my LA department, that the 9th graders would need to read a nonfiction book. *sigh* I went through the usual list. ~scoffed at choices~ Since i also teach the World History to the little darlings, I decided on Africa.
Yeah, no conflict there right? HA
Anyway, stumbled on this book in my favorite section of the Barnes and Noble, during the 25% off educator week. Bought the last 7 copies and then went to another store and bought their last copies so the whole class could have a book!
Anyway, on with my review.
The book is about his life in Sierra Leone. His struggles and how he becomes a child soldier. It's gripping, it's attention getting and I am loving that my students won't put it down!!!
Have a great weekend!
~waves~
Anyone already read it??


0 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Post a Comment