I really am very sorry about my lack of posting. You see, this year has been incredibily hard for me. Not including the first six months, but recently, starting with Thanksgiving. It's not like I didn't think or even KNOW that I would have a hard time this year. I knew that there would be moments that I would cry, laugh, then cry again. I knew that it would be a difficult time. I just don't think that I could ever, ever, ever really prepare.
I had no idea that it would be this bad... Here is what happened.
I was shopping at my "favorite" new Wally world, when I strolled into the asle for Christmas tree skirts. There I was tears streaming and the associate, asks, "Is it really that bad?". I chuckled and smiled the best I could, as I whipped my tears away, I struggled with, "It's my first Christmas without my Mom." See, my Mom had this really fabulous tree skirt, and seeing the ones in the aisle, for some reason made me think of a "moment" or slice of life from the memory vault.
The associate backed away slowly, bowing, and just said, "Oh I'm so sorry".
I had to laugh.
I'm still laughing now, even while I cry. ~crying/typing it's a girl thing~
On a more positive note, I have been decorating my house, and by "my house" I mean the house I moved into with PhxMan. He is so great!!! He keeps telling me how great everything looks. I keep giggling and sayin', "you keep saying that as IF you had a choice". HEHEHEHEHE
Did I mention that I haven't done any really great shopping? Oh yeah, thanks to my bi-weekly appointments to my ENT at $80 a week, in co-pays' I swear I will never be able to buy anything nice for my friends and family...not to mention PhxMan. 14 shopping days to Christmas. *yanks at hair* AHHHHHHHH
Finally, I am really excited to have my Grandma and Uncle down for their FIRST Southwestern Christmas. PhxMan and I will be housing them most of the time, and it will be my first Christmas in a house, since I was a kid. Not that living in an apartment is bad, just, there is something about Christmas in a house. Anyway, I will be starting my cookie baking crazyness this weekend, so the sweet smell of Christmas will be all over everything! MMMMMMMM I can smell the cookies now!!!!
how is everyone else doing? Shopping done anyone????


5 Left me pearls of wisdom:
My shopping is just about done ... I still have a few minor things to get, but for the most part it's done.
Now, I have to worry about getting the Christmas cards out, and wrapping the gifts ... ugh!
Happy to hear everything is going well at home. All finished. I like to be done in November. I hate the stores at this time of year although down here it's really nothing.
Cry-typing! I hear ya! And especially with all the stuff you've gone through this year--I think you're doing awesome even if you don't feel like it sometimes. You've been uber strong and I love that about you.
I got my family and chilis shopped for, but that's all I can afford pre-Christmas this month. My friends never mind waiting. It's not that I'm struggling, I just don't want to cut my own throat if I don't have to. I wouldn't want anyone to do that for me!
I was decorating last weekend and I thought of you because I don't know anyone who loves Christmas decor more than you. Do you want to come and Christmas-tize my apt??! I really need some help!
--snow
Shopping, DONE. I feel relieved.
arent you glad its all over with?
Post a Comment