BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I remember when...



Yes people it is that time of the week. Mama's losin it has inspired me to write. I choose the prompt" I remember when"...I take you all back to my youth *shivers* at Lake Pend' Oreille Lake. (you say it: POND ER RAY).



"Good Morning sleepy head", Grandma said.



"MMMMMM" I replied.



The morning air was always crisp and fresh. Then again, morning at the cabin were always "crisp". "Gram, why do they call it summer when it's so cold out?" I asked



"Well, I don't know." she said.



"So what is so "good" about mornings then?" I asked all sarcastically.

"Tskkkkk, Young lady, I don't like your attitude today". She said.

"Well maybe I'll have a better attitude after my first cup of coffee". I shot back.

"You know that stunts your growth." Gram said flatly.

I giggled, "oh really?" I smiled slyly. "If you say so!"

The skylights were letting the early morning sun into the cabin. The shades of green were like a coliscope of greens. The dew on the leaves were reflecting rainbows. The embers of the fire from the night before were slightly smoldering in the fireplace. It's as though when I remember that morning, I can still smell the fresh ground coffee, the crisp morning air, the embers of the fireplace, and even hear the sounds. When I miss my family memebers that are passed on, I think of those mornings at the cabin. Somehow, it makes me feel better.

Today I stand at 5' 10''. So how much taller do y'all think I might be if I hadn't drank all that coffee??? hehehehehe

7 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

I remember something similar ... going to the old house in Germany (in Bauzing) - near Munich ... it never got very warm ... we were up in the mountains on the edge of the Black Forest ... the sky always seemed blue and the air always felt crisp and fresh ... I loved it.

Michelle said...

Great story! I'm 6ft tall and never drank coffee! :)

KatBouska said...

You would be 6'3". Let's just be glad you kept drinking...that's way too tall.

Gwen said...

Great Post!!! Probably a good thing you drank coffee. :) Thank you for visiting me today!!

Flash said...

I wonder if Monster energy drinks will have the same affect......


I could be 9 feet tall right now!

Debbie said...

That is a funny belief about coffee, isn't it? I bet it was thought up by someone who didn't want their kid to drink all their coffee.

Just telling it like it is said...

I love camping...what a beautiful pic..let's get some alcohol soon!!!